Google Maps for Android picked up an replace just lately, bumping it to model H.B, and comes with a number of new options and enhancements on board.
Now, customers will have the ability to use voice controls within the navigation mode. You’ll have the ability to management the app utilizing voice instructions when it’s in navigation mode, and discover out particulars similar to visitors indicators, estimate time it’s going to take to succeed in your vacation spot and extra. There’s a button it is advisable faucet on the display within the navigation mode, which can can help you use voice instructions.
The replace additionally comes with a really respectable function for many who use bicycles to journey. Now, Google Maps will present elevation map in your route as nicely, telling you in case you have a slope coming in your means. In addition, it additionally exhibits you elevation comparisons for a number of routes, displaying you which of them route has the least climbing to do.
Here’s an entire record of options noticed by the parents at Android Police:
- Voice actions in navigation mode (how lengthy till vacation spot, present visitors, and so on.)
- Bicycle instructions present elevation, together with elevation comparability for a number of routes (much less climbing!)
- Your Places now seems in slide-out nav menu
- Voice icon replaces the “individual” in search bar that used to load Places
- Uber card now proven within the automotive tab of navigation as an alternative of simply public transportation and strolling
- ETA not in daring sort
If you’re a daily Google Maps customers, head over to the Google Play Store and replace the app. Also tell us for those who can spot some other enchancment which isn’t listed above.
Source: Android Police